After the Naked Bike Ride through Brighton on Saturday (11 June), next weekend it’s the annual London to Brighton event.
And it’s the one day of the year when cyclists will be barred from taking their bikes on the train.
The British Heart Foundation, which runs the London to Brighton Bike Ride, has once again organised a coach and lorry service to take cyclists and their bikes to and from the event.
Details of road closures have also been announced.
Southern Railway said that on Sunday (19 June) there would be an all-day ban on bikes at Brighton, Hove, Portslade and all the other stations in the city.
The ban extends north to Three Bridges, east to Eastbourne and west to Chichester Station.
Outside this area, bikes can be carried on board trains after noon provided they are heading away from Brighton and Hove.
On Saturday (18 June) Southern is warning passengers with bikes that they may suffer delays because each service can hold only a limited number of bikes.
A queuing system will be in place for the day – and again on Monday (20 June) when the usual peak-time restrictions will also apply.
The restrictions can be found at www.southernrailway.com/cyclepolicy.
For more information about the bike ride, go to http://www.bhf.org.uk/get-involved/events/bike-rides/london-to-brighton/faqs.aspx.
A number of roads will be closed on Sunday in and around the area and others will have restrictions in place. They include
- Coldean Lane from Carden Avenue to Lewes Road will be closed from 7.30am to 9pm
- The slip road from Carden Avenue to the A27 Brighton bypass eastbound will be closed from 7.30am to 9pm
- Old Steine from St Peter’s Church to Aquarium Roundabout, bikes only in the left-hand lane, from 7.30am to 9pm
- Madeira Drive will be closed from 6am until midnight
- Mill Road, Brighton, will be closed from 7.30am to 9pm
- The B2112 from the county boundary to Folders Lane will be closed northbound only from 6am to 8pm
- The B2112 Common Lane from Folders Lane to Ditchling will be closed from 6am to 8pm
- Northend Lane, Ditchling, to Beacon Road will be closed from 6am to 8pm
- Beacon Road over Ditchling Beacon to Carden Avenue will be closed from 6am to 8pm